Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: QED Automotive
Location: Nottingham, NG15 0DQ
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 30/05/2022
Start Date: 27/06/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon to Fri
Remit are recruiting on behalf of QED Automotive who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Light Vehicle Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
No previous automotive qualifications are needed but the ideal candidate will have GCSE’s 9 to 4 (A-C) or equivalent in Maths and English
You will need to demonstrate a strong passion for the industry and a real curiosity in finding out how things work.
Being a light vehicle technician involves manual labour and requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
It is important that technicians always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures.
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with working on expensive vehicles.
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English (where required) you will be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry.
As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Ensure that you can travel to work easily on a daily basis.