Scania Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: West Pennine Trucks Scania - Middleton (HO)
Location: Manchester, M24 2RW
Salary: £11,003.00 per year
Application Deadline Date: 27/05/2022
Start Date: 04/07/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: 40 Hrs, 8am - 4.30pm (Monday to Friday)
Are you wanting to start your career in the automotive sector with West Pennine Trucks who are part of the global dealer network of Scania, one of the world's largest manufacturers of commercial vehicles? If so, West Pennine are looking for an Heavy Apprentice to commence their career at the modern Head Office in Middleton.
• Minimum requirements are a 4/C grade or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
• If you have achieved a level 2 or higher in heavy vehicle maintenance or in a similar field you may not be eligible for the apprenticeship
• Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
• A keen interest and passion for Heavy Vehicle technology
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
At West Pennine Trucks, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
For more than 120 years Scania has been at the forefront of the automotive industry and today is one of the world’s most recognised and respected commercial vehicle brands.
West Pennine Trucks are the North West’s largest privately-owned Scania dealer. They believe in developing and nurturing the next generation of Automotive Technicians through the award-winning Scania Apprenticeship programme.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical vehicle systems. You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training centre to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing.
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair Scania trucks which have the latest New G-Series and XT Range cutting-edge technology.
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency
. To attain quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
• To represent the West Pennine Trucks in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the general public
• Liaise with parts department to attain parts
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Travel: Please check you are able to travel to the branch easily each day as the branch is in a rural location