Renault Trucks Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Company: RH Commercial Vehicles Ltd (Nottingham)
Location: Nottingham, NG6 8WA
Salary: £180.00 per week
Application Deadline Date: 29/07/2022
Start Date: 29/07/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon to Fri
Remit are recruiting on behalf of R H Commercials who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Heavy Vehicle Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Due to the location of the position, it is essential that you have a full UK driving licence or you live within an easy commutable distance to the location of the depot.
Ideally, a minimum of GCSE Grade 3 or equivalent in English Language or Maths
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks, buses, agricultural machinery and plant equipment. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina
...Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
the company would aim to offer full-time employment to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme.
.A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
• Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
• Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
• Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
• Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.