Job Title : Scania Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship
Employer : Scania Exeter
Location : Exeter, EX2 8NB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-07845
Brief Description : Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Are you hands-on and mechanically minded? Do you want to join one of the World’s leading manufacturers? Scania are on the search for enthusiastic individuals to join their expert team as a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice!
Qualifications Required : • Minimum requirements are a 3/D grade or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
• If you have achieved a level 2 or higher in heavy vehicle maintenance or in a similar field you may not be eligible for the apprenticeship
Vacancy Detail : For more than 120 years Scania has been at the forefront of the automotive industry and today is one of the world’s most recognised and respected commercial vehicle brands.
Working for Scania Great Britain is not just about the job. Scania goes the extra mile to provide an excelled employment package for every member of staff. This can include; Incentive Schemes, Pension, Scania Rewards and an Employee Assistance Programme including 22 days holidays in which will increase in line with your time at Scania.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical vehicle systems. You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training centre to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing.
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair Scania trucks which have the latest New G-Series and XT Range cutting-edge technology.
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
• To represent the Scania GB in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the general public
• Liaise with parts department to attain parts
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday (Shifts may vary)
Salary : £ 13,500.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 29/09/2021
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2021
Personal Qualities : • Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
• A keen interest and passion for Heavy Vehicle technology
Skills Required : • Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Future Prospects : At Scania, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout their Global organisation.
Training to be Provided : During your Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship programme, you will be required to attend Scania’s state-of-the-art Training centre. The Scania Training Centre is one of their worldwide Training Centres of Excellence which is the biggest automotive training facility in the UK. You will visit the Training Centre for 18 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the 3-year programme. All travel expenses to and from the centre, together with the costs of the hotel accommodation, are paid for by Scania.
Alongside your apprenticeship training, you will complete a series of Scania recognised product-training courses, which when completed allow you to achieve a Scania Technician status.
As Scania’s dedicated training partner, Remit Group will deliver comprehensive training to all Apprentices periodically throughout the 3-year programme. During these training sessions, your dedicated Development Coach will review your progress, set SMART targets, and identify any additional support that you may require.
To embed your knowledge further, as part of the apprenticeship programme, Functional Skills in English and Mathematics will be provided to ensure you have that essential knowledge, skills, and understanding to enable you to operate confidently in the workplace environment.
As a result, you will achieve:
• IMI Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• IRTEC Accreditation
• Functional Skills Qualifications (if applicable) in:
Other Information : Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Travel: Please check you are able to travel to the branch easily each day as the branch is in a rural loction
The map below shows the employer's location