Job Title : Woodwork Recycling Assistant
Employer : Emerg3Rs
Location : Manchester, M11 2WJ
Position Type : Traineeship
Sector : Construction, Planning and the Built Environment
Vacancy Reference : VAC-07842
Brief Description : EMERGE is a social enterprise passionate about conserving resources, waste reuse and recycling and developing sustainable communities. Are you aged between 19-24 and looking for a career in woodwork? FareShare have a number of roles available and are working with Remit Training to ‘Train The Nation’ so we can ‘Build Back Stronger’.
Qualifications Required : No required qualifications as the programme will support with all training.
Vacancy Detail : Project Background:
EMERGE (East Manchester Environment and Resources Group Emerge) is a social enterprise passionate about conserving resources, waste reuse and recycling and developing sustainable communities. We are a volunteer-involving organisation offering work experience and training for local people. EMERGE runs Touch Wood in partnership with the National Community Wood Recycling project.
• To reduce the amounts of wood destined for landfill by constructing products useful for home or business
• To work as part of a team to ensure that quality services are delivered
• To promote the value of wood as a recyclable material
What will I be doing?
• Assisting with the unloading of collections brought to the workshop that include, wood pallets of various sizes, scaffold boards and plywood-boards
• Ensuring that all materials are de-nailed, cleaned, sorted and stored appropriately
• Maintaining a clean and safe depot area
• Handling enquiries from customers by telephone or in person
• Assisting with the making of customer ordered wood products for garden, home or office
What will I gain from the role?
• Training, skills, and experience gained from a real working environment
• Skills for entry into woodwork industry; bench joinery, site carpentry, timber merchant
• Experience of working in a team
• Employability support
• Work experience to add to your CV
• A work reference if required
• Knowledge of the importance and benefits of recycling
You will have an induction, Health and Safety training and receive training covering the main aspects of the wood enterprise including; use of manual tools, progressing to use of power tools.
When working more than 4 hours you will be re-imbursed the cost of your public transport ticket up to £6.00 and lunch expenses up to £3.00.
This opportunity includes 4 weeks of pre-employment training allowing you to learn the skills you will need to identify your future talent and unlock your potential within the workplace. Following on from this you will then complete 3 weeks of work experience to showcase your talents and what you have learnt from the course, get more familiar with the people in the company and the role, after which you will be offered a GUARANTEED INTERVIEW for a job role. During the 4 weeks of pre-employment training, you will be working towards a qualification in Customer Service along with improving your employability prospects, maths, English & digital skills, all of which are vital within any workplace and will help you feel well prepared for your work experience and the GUARANTEED INTERVIEW. If you are looking to improve yourself as a person, improve your chances of securing employment and be given the opportunity to showcase your skills and qualities then unlock yourself from lockdown with us!
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday-Friday
Salary : To Be Specified - Traineeship
Application Deadline Date : 26/11/2021
Possible Start Date : 29/11/2021
Personal Qualities : • Team player
• 'Can-do' attitude
Skills Required : • An interest in recycling
• Ability in woodwork and DIY skills
• Able to work in a manner that respects Health & Safety
• Able to follow procedures and take instruction
• Physically fit to carry out lifting, loading and unloading from van collections
• Able to work well with others
• Able to carry out tasks in an outside environment throughout the day
Future Prospects : - A GUARANTEED INTERVIEW for a full time job role within the business
- Opportunity to enroll on an apprenticeship relevant to the job role
Other Information : The 4-week pre-employment training will be delivered online/face to face in a group with other applicants. The hours for the training are Monday – Friday 9:30AM to 4:00PM. The 3-week work experience may have varying hours depending on business demand. All information will be provided during your Induction on your first day.
The map below shows the employer's location