Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Employer : BCA Logistics Ltd - Solihull
Location : Birmingham, B37 7YB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Information communications technician
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-07835
Brief Description : Are you a tech-savvy individual wanting to pursue an exciting career in the ever-growing IT industry? Want to gain a qualification whilst earning a great salary? Remit Training is proudly recruiting on behalf of BCA Logistics, for an individual to embark on our Level 3 ICT Support Apprenticeship. Apply today!
Qualifications Required : 5 GCSE Grades 4 or above including English and Maths
Vacancy Detail : IT Support Apprentice
You will have the opportunity to join the IT Team supporting the whole BCA staff.
This will include:
- Assisting in building PCs, laptops, iPads, Android Phones, and handheld scanners
- Image and configure PC, laptops, and IOS and Android devices
- Responsible for ensuring the asset register is kept up to date
- You will help on the service desk, being the first port of call for customers from time to time
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Between 7am and 7pm (7.5 hr shift); 1 hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks
Salary : £ 10,972.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 10/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 18/10/2021
Personal Qualities : • Works harmoniously with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere, to build effective working relationships
• Takes ownership of personal development,
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a collective team.
• Ability to communicates well (verbally and in writing) with colleagues and clients.
• Takes a professional and courteous approach with clients at all times
• Wanting to learn and develop a career in IT
Skills Required : • Some previous knowledge of IT
• Customer service focussed
• Excellent communicator
Future Prospects : With a company the size of BCA there are always opportunities for progression on completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : The Information Communications Technician makes their contribution through the application of infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
An Information Communications Technician (ICT) provides support to internal and/or external customers, by using tools or systems to problem solve and trouble-shoot routine and non-routine problems. This occupation supports clients/customers with their systems. They achieve this through monitoring and maintaining the systems and/or platforms to maximise productivity and user experience.
There are 3 pathways within this Apprenticeship which include:
A Support Technician
A Network Technician
A Digital Communications Technician
As a result, you will achieve:
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
Other Information : Can you manage on the salary?
Can you get to the work location in a timely manner?
The map below shows the employer's location