Job Title : Production Chef Apprentice
Employer : Revolution - Leeds Electric Press
Location : Leeds, LS1 3DW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Production chef
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-07832
Brief Description : Do you want to work with one of the coolest bars in the UK? As a chef, you will have an important role in making the bar a place where everyone wants to be.
Qualifications Required : None but you will be required to do maths and English assessments as part of the recruitment process
Vacancy Detail : Remit is recruiting on behalf of Revolution Bars as someone to join their team in Leeds, LS1 3DW.
You are required to be over the age of 18 due to health and safety.
As a production chef your duties will include:
• Prepping: organising, owning their sections, ensuring that when food hits the pass it is looking great and is to spec and much more.
• The starter. Be set up for success, ensure your section is set up and ready to go for service.
• Know your stuff. Be knowledgeable, know your specs, the preps and the steps involved in the dishes.
• Look after your house. Keep your section prepped, labelled and use FIFO at all times.
• Keep it Clean. Clean as you go, keep the kitchen clean and organised in line with food safety legislation.
• The main course. Be organised, attentive, focused and detailed, getting the dishes right in line with company specifications.
• Get serious. Comply with all food safety, food and beverage policies and law.
• An important bit. Comply with company and government Covid19 policies and laws.
Contracted of a 30 hours minimum but overtime may be available. The shifts are between the hours of 8 am- 11 pm and you would be expected to work any 5 days out of 7.
Wage depending on age 18-20 £6.75, 21-22 £7.52, 23+ £8.02
Uniform is provided
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 30 Hours per week – shift pattern across 7 days a week
Salary : £ 202.50 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 15/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 18/10/2021
Personal Qualities : • Interested in food
• Good Team Player
• Flexible in working patterns
• Willing to work hard
Skills Required : • Ability to follow instructions
• Previous cooking skills
Future Prospects : Upon completion of apprenticeship, you will be given an opportunity to join the team as a trained chef.
Opportunities for Personal and Professional Growth
Training to be Provided : Production Chefs work as part of a team in a time-bound and often challenging kitchen environment. Production chefs are likely to work with centrally developed standardised recipes and menus, producing food in high volumes.
Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this and take the test for Level 2 prior to taking the End Point Assesment.
Other Information : • Public transport after 11pm
• Can you commit to the flexibility of the rota
• Is this an industry you can see yourself in
The map below shows the employer's location