Job Title : Scania Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship
Employer : Keltruck Scania - Hereford
Location : Hereford, HR2 6JT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-07820
Brief Description : Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Are you hands-on and mechanically minded? Do you want to join one of the World’s leading manufacturers? Keltruck are on the search for enthusiastic individuals to join their expert team as a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice!
Qualifications Required : Minimum requirements are a 3/D grade or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : Keltruck Limited is the largest independent Scania Distributor in Europe serving the Midlands and South Wales from its 18 operating locations.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical vehicle systems.
You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training centre to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
What will you be doing?
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing.
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair Scania trucks, buses and similar vehicles.
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles.
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
• To represent the Keltruck in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the public
• Liaise with parts department to attain parts
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday (Shifts may vary)
Salary : £ 11,695.56 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 30/09/2021
Possible Start Date : 04/10/2021
Personal Qualities : • Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
Skills Required : • A keen interest and passion for Heavy Vehicle technology
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Future Prospects : Successful completion of the apprenticeship is not the end. As the major heavy truck distributor in the Midlands, we continue to develop all of our technicians through the Scania (Great Britain) Limited Master Technician scheme.
Training to be Provided : During your Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship programme, you will be required to attend Scania’s state-of-the-art Training centre. The Scania Training Centre is one of their worldwide Training Centres of Excellence which is the biggest automotive training facility in the UK. You will visit the Training Centre for 18 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the 3-year programme. All travel expenses to and from the centre, together with the costs of the hotel accommodation, are paid for by Scania.
Alongside your apprenticeship training, you will complete a series of Scania recognised product-training courses, which when completed allow you to achieve a Scania Technician status.
As Scania’s dedicated training partner, Remit Group will deliver comprehensive training to all Apprentices periodically throughout the 3-year programme. During these training sessions, your dedicated Development Coach will review your progress, set SMART targets, and identify any additional support that you may require.
To embed your knowledge further, as part of the apprenticeship programme, Functional Skills in English and Mathematics will be provided to ensure you have that essential knowledge, skills, and understanding to enable you to operate confidently in the workplace environment.
As a result, you will achieve:
• IMI Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• IRTEC Accreditation
• Functional Skills Qualifications (if applicable) in:
The map below shows the employer's location