Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : HH Hotels Ltd - The Stratford Hotel
Location : London, E20 1FD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Commis chef
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-07783
Brief Description : Remit are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of The Stratford Hotel who are looking for a proactive and driven aspiring Chef to join its Main Kitchen Team, as an apprentice. You will undertake a Commis Chef Level 2 apprenticeship
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade D (3) or above in English and Maths
Vacancy Detail : The Stratford Hotel at Manhattan Loft Gardens, known as “London Sexiest Skyscraper”, set across the first six floors, is a 145-room design hotel.
‘Kitchen E20’ shares the ground ﬂoor with the magniﬁcent triple-height lobby, 7-metre fireplace and seven storey glass atrium. The seasonal menu is characterised by local produce and European inﬂuences, blending classic brasserie staples with a touch of the unexpected.
What you’ll do…
• Support the chefs and the team around you
• Learn how to work with fresh products in order to create high quality seasonal dishes
• Learn how to work efficiently to maintain the highest quality and standards in line with the company brand standard
• Become an asset to your team and the business
• Embrace the opportunity, get involved and add to our awesome company culture while having fun
What’s in it for you…
• A brand-new building with state-of-the-art kitchen and equipment to make your eyes water
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing 1 day per completed year up to 33 days, pension and life insurance
• Take care of your physical & mental wellbeing through a support help line, gym discounts and wellness classes
• Treat yourself with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
• Freshly cook food during your shift
• Excellent discounts in stays and across all our F&B outlets
• Lots of opportunity to progress
• Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
• Opportunity to join our unique GROW academy and learn skills that you last you a life time, from outstanding Hospitality professionals
Please note this is 48 hour per week on a shift pattern across 7 days. Early starts at 7am and late finish at midnight.
Chef's uniform will be provided and cleaned in house. Good transport links to / from Stratford International Station.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 48 hours pw; shift pattern across 7 days per week with early starts at 7am and finish at midnight
Salary : £ 346.15 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 13/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 18/10/2021
Personal Qualities : Lots of determination to become a chef
Passionate about food
Keen to gain a career in hospitality
Able to work long hours in a highly pressured environment
Skills Required : Previous experience of the hospitality industry would be an advantage, so you know what to expect
Future Prospects : This will be a fixed term contract for the length of the apprenticeship, with the opportunity to apply for a full time postion on completion, that may include further training opportunities.
Training to be Provided : As a Commis Chef apprentice, you will be working and learning in a fast-paced environment and will be given the opportunity to work on and learn about each section of a commercial kitchen. This will give you an insight into the different areas and help to decide which area you feel you would like to work in going forward. You will be expected to prepare some food for cooking, and complete some basic cooking of some foods, as well as preparing crockery and cleaning the kitchen to a high standard. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Functional Skills in English & maths Level 1 and upskill to Level 2
Other Information : Can you get to the workplace for a 7am start and can you get home after midnight?
Are you willing to work long hours on your feet, including weekends and bank holidays?
Can you manage on the salary (£18k pa)?
The map below shows the employer's location