Job Title : Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Apprenticeship
Employer : Balgores Motor Group (Colchester)
Location : Colchester, Essex, CO1 2TJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-07500
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Balgores Motor Group who are on the search for an enthusiastic and committed individual to undertake and develop under a Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Apprenticeship.
Qualifications Required : A minimum of a 3/D Grade or equivalent in GCSE English Language and Maths is essential.
Vacancy Detail : The role of a MET Technician is to identify mechanical and electrical components on damaged motor vehicles which need to be removed before the bodywork repairs can be carried out and to refit them after the repairs are complete.
As an Mechanical, Electrical and Trim apprentice, you will gain expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems. This includes:
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Remove and refit non-structural body panels and mechanical and electrical systems
• Remove and refit any part relating to the vehicle, to the correct alignment.
• Remove, repair and replace: engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems
• Diagnose and fix faults within a vehicle management system (on board computer) & associated electrical system
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
The starting wage is Apprentice National Minimum but this is depending on experience.
40 hours per week and starting at 8.30am or 9am depending on requirements.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours (Shifts may vary)
Salary : Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date : 14/01/2022
Possible Start Date : 24/01/2022
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
Skills Required : • To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skills
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
• A basic level of experience in an automotive environment
Future Prospects : Balgores are looking for individuals to undertake the Apprenticeship Programme with the potential to develop and build a full-time career with them after completion.
Training to be Provided : This is a Vehicle Damage MET Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group.
Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI)
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
• Vehicle Damage Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English & Maths (if required)
Other Information : Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Travel: Please check you are able to travel to this branch easily each day.
The map below shows the employer's location