Job Title : IT Support Apprentice – Software
Employer : Harrap Computer Systems Ltd
Location : Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 7FX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT solutions technician
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-07163
Brief Description : Harrap ICT provides high quality support predominantly to primary schools across Hampshire. This includes both onsite and remote support.
Interviews will be held in August for a September 2021 start.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail : This role involves working as part of a small dynamic team supporting primarily Primary level schools with all their computing needs.
The role involves deployment of software and educational programs, repair and maintenance of hardware, subsequent installation of hardware, support for schools both onsite and remote.
Working on a variety of IT landscapes including but not limited to Remote servers, Active Directory, Group Policy, Software deployment, Computer maintenance and building.
Helpdesk replies to customer tickets as well as our internal tool for tasks within the company.
• Supporting the team to assist with technical issues.
• Fixing computers and issues on-site and in our workshop.
• Working with team members to meet deadlines.
• Using initiative to keep up to date with the latest changes in technology.
Enhanced DBS certificate will have to be achieved as part of the hiring process.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 8,775.00 to £ 10,725.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 27/08/2021
Possible Start Date : 06/09/2021
Personal Qualities : • A desire to impress colleagues and customers
• Using initiative to deliver impressive results
• Eagerness to learn and develop tech skills
• Flexibility, team spirit and adaptability
• Excellent communication skills
• Friendly, confident, smart and personable
• Enthusiastic, tenacious and hard working
Skills Required : • IT hardware knowledge is essential
• Experience of working with and building computers
• Natural affinity for technology
• A logical approach to troubleshooting problems
• Ability to work independently and within a team
Future Prospects : Potential for a Permanent position after completing the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : IT Technical Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of the infrastructure aspects of solutions such as servers and networks (fixed or mobile) as well as applications and supporting components such as databases.
Other Information : Desirable that the candidate can drive.
Winchester has both good rail and bus links.
31 days holiday per annum (inclusive of bank holidays).
Mileage paid over the usual commute to work.
The map below shows the employer's location