Job Title : Scania Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship
Employer : West Pennine Trucks Stoke-on-Trent
Location : Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 4PU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-06101
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting for West Pennine Trucks who are on their search for a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice. This is an excellent opportunity to work and train alongside a worldwide manufacturer that is committed to quality and progression. The successful candidate can expect an award-winning training package to become a Scania qualified HGV Technician.
Qualifications Required : Minimum requirements are a 3/D grade or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : For more than 120 years Scania has been at the forefront of the automotive industry and today is one of the world’s most recognised and respected commercial vehicle brands.
West Pennine Trucks are the North West’s largest privately-owned Scania dealer. They believe in developing and nurturing the next generation of Automotive Technicians through the award-winning Scania Apprenticeship programme.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical vehicle systems.
You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training centre to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
What will you be doing?
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing.
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair Scania trucks, buses and similar vehicles.
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles.
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
• To represent the West Pennine Trucks in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the public
• Liaise with parts department to attain parts
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday (Shifts may vary depending on business needs)
Salary : £ 10,018.32 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 27/08/2021
Possible Start Date : 08/08/2021
Personal Qualities : • You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work and the determination to succeed.
• Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
• Ability to work within a team
Skills Required : • A keen interest and passion for Heavy Vehicle technology
• Practically minded
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Future Prospects : West Pennine Trucks believe in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Training to be Provided : During your Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship programme, you will be required to attend Scania’s state-of-the-art Training centre. The Scania Training Centre is one of their worldwide Training Centres of Excellence which is the biggest automotive training facility in the UK. You will visit the Training Centre for 18 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the 3-year programme. All travel expenses to and from the centre, together with the costs of the hotel accommodation, are paid for by Scania.
Alongside your apprenticeship training, you will complete a series of Scania recognised product-training courses, which when completed allow you to achieve a Scania Technician status.
As Scania’s dedicated training partner, Remit Group will deliver comprehensive training to all Apprentices periodically throughout the 3-year programme. During these training sessions, your dedicated Development Coach will review your progress, set SMART targets, and identify any additional support that you may require.
To embed your knowledge further, as part of the apprenticeship programme, Functional Skills in English and Mathematics will be provided to ensure you have that essential knowledge, skills, and understanding to enable you to operate confidently in the workplace environment.
As a result, you will achieve:
• IMI Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• IRTEC Accreditation
• Functional Skills Qualifications (if applicable) in:
The map below shows the employer's location