Job Title : Production / Warehouse Operative - Supply Chain Apprenticeship
Employer : Arcelormittal Distribution Services - Scunthorpe
Location : Scunthorpe, DN17 2BY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05721
Brief Description : Remit are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of international steel giant, ArcelorMittal for 3 apprentices to join the team in the production warehouse in Scunthorpe. This role will include enrolment on to a Level 2 Supply Chain / Warehouse apprenticeship.
Qualifications Required : Mathematics GCSE Grade C or Grade 4 - Mandatory
English GCSE Grade C or Grade 4 – Mandatory
Vacancy Detail : ArcelorMittal are one of the world's largest producers and distributors of steel and if successful, you'll become part of this international team.
Initially on a fixed term contract, you'll have the opportunity to gain additional skills with progression on to a Team Leader Level 3 apprenticeship at the end of the Level 2 qualification. YOU WILL NEED TO BE OVER 18 to apply for this role due to Health & Safety leglislation.
You will gain exposure to different areas of the business and will rotate around the different manufacturing processes. The manufacturing process will involve controlling the production process in accordance with all Health and Safety guidelines, ensuring the operational equipment is run to the optimum efficiency whilst meeting customer requirements and assisting the company in meeting production targets. You will also develop an understanding of the production planning and commercial aspects of the business.
Detailed Description of the Role
• Enforce and follow all health and safety regulations, including AMDS Health & Safety policies and procedures.
• Wear correct PPE at all times.
• Report any safety issues or breaches of rules.
• Safe use of all production equipment/pre-use check sheets and LOTO.
• Ensure all orders are produced, prepared and delivered suitable for customers’ requirements.
• To ensure best production and quality awareness - identifying abnormalities and small defects, analyse and understand their root causes, suggest and implement counter measures and recording quality checks.
• To suggest improvement ideas for the standardising working procedures to contribute to their application.
• Ensure the operational equipment within your control is run to optimum efficiency, ensuring any issues are reported to the Shift Supervisor
• To improve and maintain the organisation and cleanliness of the workplace.
• Playing a full role within the team to facilitate optimal performance.
• Any other duties as required by the business.
Positions Available : 3
Working Week : 40 hrs pw: 8.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday (with one hour lunch)
Salary : £ 258.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 29/01/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/02/2021
Personal Qualities : • Able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in the manufacturing sector.
• Ability to work within a team and be flexible in approach.
• Ability to work on own and use own initiative.
Skills Required :
• Problem solving.
• Good communication skills.
Future Prospects : Progression to Level 3 Team Leader qualification on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
As an international company, ArcelorMittal offers a wide range of opportunities within the business.
Training to be Provided : As part of the apprentice role, you will be carrying out tasks such as picking and packing, moving stock around, maintaining stock records, receiving deliveries and cleaning. You will be checking stock for damages and will be loading goods ready for delivery. You will learn how to safely use a variety of machinery, equipment and potentially vehicles that are common to a warehouse environment. You will learn the essential health and safety policies and procedures involved in the warehouse industry and will also develop key interpersonal skills as you will be required to communicate with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
Functional Skills in English & Maths Level 1 and upskill to Level 2
Other Information : Are you committed to working safely - mobile phones are not allowed on the warehouse floor
National Minimum Wage is payable for this role. Wage shown is for 18-20 year old.
Year 2 will be NMW + 15%
The map below shows the employer's location