Job Title : Audi & VW Light Vehicle Apprentice - level 3
Employer : Joes Garage
Location : Tunbridge Wells, TN2 3EF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05709
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Joe’s Garage who are an Audi & Volkswagen specialists. They have an exciting opportunity in their workshop, for an apprentice light vehicle technician.
Qualifications Required : No previous automotive qualifications are required and a full assessment will take place to ensure you have the skills to complete the course, and we will support and help develop your English, Maths and ICT.
Vacancy Detail : You will receive first class training in all the latest servicing and diagnostic techniques to enable you to better help your customers whether they need a standard service, MOT or wanting an engine rebuild.
Day to day tasks will vary but include:
• Servicing – carrying out vehicle/tyre checks
• MOT’s – assisting to identify parts with wear and tear
• Vehicle Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
• Maintaining repair and service records
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours, 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Salary : £ 166.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 19/03/2021
Possible Start Date : 29/03/2021
Personal Qualities : You will need to demonstrate a strong passion for the industry and a real curiosity in finding out how things work.
Being a light vehicle technician involves manual labour and requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
It is important that technicians always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures.
Skills Required : The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles.
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Future Prospects : Joe and Sam are looking for an apprentice to join their existing team which includes a recently qualified level 3 technician and another young man who started his apprenticeship with them in September 2020
Joe and Sam understand the importance of providing excellent training to their apprentices' so with that in mind, this apprenticeship isn't just a work placement, it's full time employment and the first step to becoming a fully qualified technician.
Training to be Provided : This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
• F Gas air conditioning qualification
Other Information : The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
The map below shows the employer's location