Job Title : IT Technical Support Apprentice
Employer : Ableworld (UK) Ltd
Location : Nantwich, CW5 7JW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05708
Brief Description : Do you live and breathe computers? Want to work in an industry you are passionate about? Well this IT Technical Apprenticeship might be the perfect fit for you.
Qualifications Required : You need to have 5 GCSE’s (grade 4 and above or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
Vacancy Detail : Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of our client Ableworld Ltd, the largest mobility retailer in the country.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in all things IT, a customer first attitude and the written and verbal communication skills to back it all up. This will enable you to gain the required skillsets throughout your apprenticeship to succeed as a future Technical Support Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key areas of focus are:
• Phone, email and web based issue handling (technical support)
• Working with multiple departments both internally and externally to ensure the
delivery of high quality projects on time and in full
• Leading technical investigations and driving resolutions where necessary
• Producing support and customer documentation
• Desktop & Laptop administration, including build, configuration and
troubleshooting in a Windows 10 environment with MS Office 2010/365 and a
• Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 Administration (Physical and Virtual)
• Support of multiple business applications including in-house and customer
• Device support and management across Windows, iOS, Android and Linux
using various EMM solutions
• Liaising with 3rd party solution providers to resolve issues
• Supporting VPN and remote access issues
• Support customer and internal WIFI and infrastructure
• Mobile software configuration, debugging and investigation
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 8:30AM - 6:00PM
Salary : £ 12,155.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 12/02/2021
Possible Start Date : 22/02/2021
Personal Qualities : • Must be a good communicator both internally and externally when dealing with partners
• The ability to troubleshoot an issue whilst using a mixture of prior knowledge and common sense
• Managing workload with organisation and precision will be key
• Understands legislation well enough to not compromise stakeholder information
Skills Required : • Soft skills / Customer service
• Veeam Backups
• Microsoft W10 / O365
• Cisco / MikroTek Switches and networking in general
• Asset management
• General cyber-Security
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification.
Other Information : You will be required to work 1 Saturday every 4 weeks with a day off in the week in lieu.
The map below shows the employer's location