Job Title : Digital Media Strategist Apprentice
Employer : B4
Location : Weston on the Green, OX25 3QL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05692
Brief Description : Thinking about your next step? Not sure where you want your career to take you? Want to keep your options open while earning, learning, and developing your skills? Well, we might have the right thing for you!
Remit are recruiting on behalf of B4 for a talented Digital Media Strategist.
Qualifications Required : GCSE or equivalent in English & Maths at Grade 9-4 (or equivalent) preferred
Vacancy Detail : Hi! We’re B4, established as a Business to Business Networking Organisation within Oxfordshire since 2006 including some of Oxfordshire’s leading organisations as members. From Blenheim Palace to Oxford Bus Company and from Oxford Business Park to Oxford University, we have all sectors covered. B4 provides platforms for our growing and diverse community of members to connect, learn, raise their profile, inspire and be inspired to become better businesses. We are now going through an exciting expansion by launching a national network of B4 communities through a media-driven strategy, as well as keeping Building Bridges Between Businesses at the heart of everything we do.
B4 is looking for a Digital Media Strategist to help towards bringing everything to life from articles, news, videos, podcasts and more via various social media platforms including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and more. This role would be perfect for you if you have a genuine passion for Digital Media as well as for Business and all associated topics such as the latest tech, entrepreneurial success stories, the latest digital sales techniques, sustainable business initiatives, the importance of embracing diversity in an organisation, to name just a few.
- Curate social media posts from the content on the B4 website which includes Member News, Articles, Videos, Podcasts and our Members Directory to help drive website traffic. Respond to any comments resulting from your posts.
- Mentioning all content participants in posts (companies and individuals) to ensure maximum potential for amplification of posts.
- Capturing quotes to build social media posts – written, video, audio and using these in visuals linked to the source – and write content across multiple forms, with creativity and flair.
- Increase the number of backlinks to the B4 website by developing relationships with B4 members, influencers and high traffic business pages.
- Work with your manager to originate, develop and manage marketing campaigns for social media. For example, plan content using key dates during the year such as Government Budget announcements, Women’s International Festival, Small Business Saturday.
- Stimulate B4 members to co-create and amplify content by promoting examples of best practice and the positive effects of doing so.
- You will also need to understand what is important for all of our members and why their news is important to them.
- Planning and scheduling posts when absent – avoiding automated posts as much as possible.
- Analytics and Reporting: Stimulating followers, web traffic and conversion to memberships.
- Understand the importance of and be able to engage in tasks related to database management.
- Attend outside broadcasts and events which we will be producing nationally.
You will be expected to:
- Be well organised and methodical.
- Deliver work independently on all tasks and achieve results at pace with energy and drive.
- Actively participate in collaboration sessions with the team but also work independently.
- Execute a strong sense of priority level and urgency and know-how to act on the critical difference between the two.
- Manage the ongoing performance of different tasks or projects, as well as develop a strong understanding and ownership of internal processes for quality assurance.
- Follow the assigned manager’s instructions but also use common sense and creativity.
- Understand the importance of checking facts and minimising errors at all times given the potentially sensitive nature of some content.
- Be a good communicator with other members of the team in advance of, for example, photoshoots to secure best results to help your role.
- Be willing, in time, to lead others as we expand the team.
The role can be performed from home however the successful candidate will be required to go into the office as and when required to do so.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday from 09:00 - 17:30
Salary : £ 11,700.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 21/01/2021
Possible Start Date : 24/01/2021
Personal Qualities : Desirable but not essential:
• Adobe Creative Cloud
• Premier Pro
Skills Required : We believe that a positive and passionate mindset counts for a lot, however, we know having experience in the following areas can lead to success in this role:
- Full UK Driving license is required
- Excellent English Language skills.
Design skills – must be familiar with Adobe Photoshop and a good understanding of:
- Premier Pro
- Analyzing media data.
Future Prospects : You will receive the following qualification: Digital Marketer Level 3 Standard with a potential for career progression.
Training to be Provided : This apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to work in a social media and digital marketing role. It is suitable for those already in employment or those entering the work place for the first time. This apprenticeship will help you to understand what social media and digital marketing is and how to utilise these tools in a business environment. It provides the knowledge and skills required to progress in a wide range of digital roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Digital Marketer Level 3 Standard, CIW Internet Business Associates certificate. Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location