Job Title : IT Support Technician Apprentice
Employer : St Thomas Catholic Academies Trust
Location : Luton, Bedfordshire, LU2 7AE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05611
Brief Description : Actively looking for the chance to further your Technical understanding? Seek the chance to further your knowledge around ICT support and Infrastructure?
Remit are recruiting on behalf of our client; St Thomas Catholic Academies Trust!
Qualifications Required : At least 5 GCSE's graded A - C or 9 - 4 - which includes English and Maths
Vacancy Detail : St Thomas Catholic Academies Trust are actively looking for a technically minded individual to join them and assist in providing high quality and timely ICT technical support and training to end users across the Trusts many schools; primarily based in the Luton and Central Bedfordshire hub.
The Apprentice who is successful in this position will have the opportunity to truly delve into the world of Technology, IT and Infrastructure Support with the chance to gain an industry accredited qualification with full support and training in the Infrastructure Technician Apprentice Level 3 standard; along with additional vendor qualifications in CompTIA A+ units.
The normal day to day duties will allow the candidate to get involved with a variety of technical subjects and topics; including;
- Overall; providing professional 1st line hardware and software support; via face to face and remote support; to users. Users will include Staff, students and visitors of the Trust.
- Assisting the ICT Technicians in various maintenance tasks, including repairs and upgrades as directed.
- Continuously be engaged with the Skills Tutor and complete learning and development tasks in order to meet deadlines required and particularly relating to the successful completion of the qualification.
- Help to install and configure new hardware and software, whilst ensuring to monitor usage as required.
- Occasionally assist and provide training and support to staff across the Trust; including in-classroom support when required.
- Occasionally assist with the general administration of the Trusts and Schools Systems; including emails, backups and the relevant security.
- Assist with the maintenance of records, such as work logs, inventories and stock taking.
The Apprentice will also have to adhere to the following;
- Be responsible for adhering to Health and Safety Legislations and Policies
- Be willing to learn new technologies and keep abreast of developments in the Education Sector
- Be sure to always support the values and ethos of the school and school priorities as defined in the Schools relevant Improvement Plan
- Applicants must also be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with any past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Be aware that lifting and carrying equipment will be a feature of the role.
If you are actively looking for the chance to develop your technical skills; and want the chance to showcase your talents when it comes to hardware, software, networking or general ICT infrastructure. Then the Academies Trust looks forward to seeing your application.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Hours will usually cover; 7:00am - 3:30pm / 8:15am - 4:15pm / 9:30am - 6:00pm
Salary : £ 12,000.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 18/01/2021
Possible Start Date : 25/01/2021
Personal Qualities : Appropriate motivation to work with young people
Ability to form appropriate relationships with young people
Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
Appropriate attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
Able to give clear and concise guidance to others
Able to keep accurate records
Literacy skills to read and understand technical language and instructions
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Ability to problem solve.
Able to work as part of a team or without supervision.
Able to communicate politely and tactfully with all school users
Skills Required : Demonstrable experience of the use of a range of ICT equipment and applications
Experience of School Based systems e.g. SIMS
A demonstrable willingness to undertake apprenticeship training
Willing to undertake other further training
Some knowledge of technical aspects of ICT
Some knowledge of internet technology, hardware or software
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The Trust aim to provide opportunities for further employment at the end of this training; subject to successful completing the course, objective and funding being avalible.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification.
The map below shows the employer's location