Job Title : Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Employer : St Thomas Catholic Academies Trust
Location : Slough, Berkshire, LU2 7AE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05554
Brief Description : Can you disassemble and reassemble a PC blindfolded? Remit are recruiting on behalf of St Thomas Catholic Acadamies Trust for an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice,
Qualifications Required : At least 5 GCSE's graded A - C or 9 - 4 - which includes English and Maths
Vacancy Detail : The successful apprentice will undertake face to face and remote support of users across multiple sites.
In the course of their normal day-to-day duties the successful candidate can also expect to get involved with:
- Day to day support of all users covering all aspects of hardware and software issues, telephony and network support
- Responsible for adhering to Health and Safety Legislation and Policies
- Work as part of a diverse team to deploy new and existing solutions and provide both face to face, remote and blended support to users
- Provide training to staff in how to operate, and best use technology and work with the team to identify users that may need additional training and technology that may require further maintenance or replacement.
- Willing to learn new technologies and keep abreast of developments in the Education sector
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Covering core hours between 7am-6pm, with usual working pattern either 7am-3.30pm, 8.15am-4.15pm
Salary : £230.77 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 18/12/2020
Possible Start Date : 21/12/2020
Skills Required : Interpersonal Skills
Troubleshooting Skills/Problem Solving
Ability to understand and convey technical information to non-technical audiences
Willing to work flexibly
Good Standard or Written English
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company also aim to offer the apprentice a permanent role at the end of the training (subject to successfully completing course and objectives).
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
The map below shows the employer's location