Job Title : Light Vehicle Apprenticeship Standard
Employer : Motorcare Woking
Location : WOKING, Surrey, GU21 6EE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05538
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Motorcare Woking who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Light Vehicle Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, we will support you to develop your skills in English and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer’s vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8:30-5
Application Deadline Date : 29/01/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/02/2021
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
Skills Required : No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role, just bring your enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English (where required) you will be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry.
Training to be Provided : This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
• F Gas air conditioning qualification
The map below shows the employer's location