Job Title : IT Infrastructure Apprentice
Employer : Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust
Location : Sawtry, Cambridgeshire
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05528
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf CMAT, the largest Academies Trust based within Cambridgeshire, the team are seeking a computer literate and technical IT Apprentice to come and join their mobile IT team for the Cambridge area.
Qualifications Required : To be considered, you must have at least 5 GCSEs graded A/C or 7/4 or above, including English and Maths or the Functional Skills/Key Skills equivalents.
This post is based in a school environment, therefore list 99 and enhanced CRB checks will need to be carried out before the Apprentice will be able to start at work.
You must be able to support CMAT's policy on the welfare and safeguarding of children.
Vacancy Detail : Purpose of Job:
Working as part of a dedicated team within a group of our Academy sites. You will learn from your IT colleagues to develop your IT skills in an accredited apprenticeship program. You will be primarily working with 1st line IT support issues within your group of academies.
Picking up their 1st line IT support issues and assisting their staff and students with IT issues. You will also work across other schools supported by the Trust when needed providing a professional, customer focused service and support.
As the first line of support to our customers, you will need to have a calm and professional attitude to support. You will meet our customers in person as well as over the phone or by e-mail. You will work with the helpdesk system to report issues, taking ownership of tasks to ensure they are followed up, completed and communicated with the customer throughout, covering a wide variety of IT areas from local and remote user issues, networking and cloud service queries.
You will make a major contribution to the successful support of the IT systems managed by the Trust’s IT services team, ensuring the smooth running of the systems and strive to assist all users to operate at optimum efficiency in the delivery of ICT. This is an investigative and customer facing role, which requires good communication skills, problem solving techniques and a pro-active attitude to work.
This is a great chance to develop your career by making your mark with this friendly, dynamic and growing enterprise. It really is an exciting time to join our team. The Trust is growing quickly with plenty of opportunities to develop your own skills and advance through your career path with us.
1. Learn from your IT colleagues and developing your IT skills in line with your apprenticeship program.
2. Receive training from your apprenticeship provider, undertake apprenticeship coursework and other work required by your apprenticeship provider.
3. Provide 1st line IT support to staff & students at your group of academy sites.
4. Provide IT support to users and customers contacting our helpdesk. Ensure all jobs are logged within the Helpdesk and to provide remote support to telephone users.
5. Ensure that the IT equipment is fully functioning and perform regular maintenance on IT equipment as directed. Setting up new machines, swapping faulty devices, carry out fault-finding, repair equipment where possible and organise external repairs where necessary.
6. Escalate IT support issues to an appropriate colleague.
7. Help to ensure the smooth running of all computer equipment within the Trust and responding to urgent IT issues.
8. Assist in supporting the school audio visual systems and solving projector, interactive televisions and whiteboard issues, including all school events such as open and parent evenings.
9. Support project roll-out across the Trust and customers supported by the Trust.
10. Travel to our partner schools for IT patch visits and to assist our other Academy teams where required.
11. Ensuring that systems and software are implemented in line with the Trust’s IT policy and be aware of and advise your line manager on all Health and Safety matters relating to IT.
12. Any other duties commensurate with the post, as agreed with the Trust’s IT Director.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Salary : £205.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 07/12/2020
Possible Start Date : 22/12/2020
Personal Qualities : You will need some basic technical knowledge and the enthusiasm to learn lots more
Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential
A professional manner is required at all times
The demonstrable ability to work under pressure
Good communication, both written and verbal. Problem solving techniques.
Flexible and pro-active attitude towards work.
Skills Required : Required
The successful candidate will need to be technically minded
A problem solver and be able to work independently as well as within a team.
You will need to have a firm grasp of the English language.
Very good understanding of IT
A quick learner of new introduced technologies
An overall team player
Self-motivated and independent
Wanting to gain experience in all areas of a start-up
Future Prospects : The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills in a new environment with enterprise level equipment. They will be able to take on further responsibilities as they become more experienced and qualified across the Trust.
The position is initially offered as a temporary contract until the apprenticeship course ends. If the successful candidate performs well and develops to a satisfactory standard during this time, the contract may be extended or made permanent.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Other Information : This role may involve lifting of computers and computer equipment so a reasonable level of physical fitness is required.
The successful candidate must be able to travel to the Stamford site on a daily basis and must be well presented. You will need to be an enthusiastic and motivational person who is not afraid to do whatever is needed to get the job done.
Things to consider : This role requires a driver as you have to work with all 3 different academies of CMAT.
The map below shows the employer's location