Job Title : Infrastructure Technician Apprentice - Technology & Data
Employer : Dunsters Farm
Location : Bury, Greater Manchester, BL9 7BR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05491
Brief Description : Are you interested in technology? Enjoy solving technical issues? Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf of our client Dunsters Farm, an award winning, family run food service based within the Bury area.
Vacancy Detail : Our client are looking to recruit an ambitious and enthusiastic Technology & Data Apprentice to support them in growing and developing their Business. This is an exciting new role helping to ensure that they optimize their existing systems and successfully implement new systems.
The successful Apprentice will be playing an integral role in the constant development and implementation of their Technology Road Map. The Apprentice will ensure that their departments are obtaining the right data to continually improve their departmental performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of the companies IT systems
- Work with their third-party systems providers
- Install, upgrade and monitor software and hardware
- Monitor and constantly look to improve their physical and cyber security systems
- Improve customer and supplier relationships by ensuring that these systems are working as efficiently as possible with Dunsters Farm
- Monitor and maintain computer and phone systems
- Ensure the companies data backup and recovery processes are maintained
- Support with the roll out of new applications
- Replace parts and upgrade equipment in line with the company policies
- Keep up to date and aware of the latest technology developments
- Respond to IT and Systems queries from colleagues via chat, email or phone
- Become able to train colleagues on changes, new software/hardware and troubleshooting
- Setting up new members of staff to ensure they can work effectively
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Prepare reports and analyzing data.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Salary : £206.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 30/11/2020
Possible Start Date : 27/11/2020
Skills Required : Strong computer skills and ability to troubleshoot.
Familiarity with both PC [and Mac] hardware and software.
A commitment to continuous improvement. Keen to learn new skills and develop
Good customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively to help colleagues.
Analytical with strong attention to detail.
Future Prospects : After full completion of the Level 3 there will be a full time position available to the candidate if they demonstrate the right attributes and skills.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Things to consider : Benefits on Offer!
• Working in a friendly, family run business
• An extra day’s holiday each year (usually around Christmas/New Year)
• Long service awards; up to an additional 5 days annual leave
• Free car parking
• Staff discount scheme
• Annual Team Awards Night
The map below shows the employer's location