Job Title : IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Employer : The Dukeries Academy
Location : Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG22 9TD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05462
Brief Description : Are you looking to start your career in IT? Remit are recruiting on behalf of The Dukeries Academy for a talented IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice.
Vacancy Detail : The job role will include working closely with the ICT Network Manager, helping to support 4 sites in the SCA Cluster, two secondary and two primary schools.
Your day to day role will involve:
- Adding/ removing devices to the domain, securing with bit locker encryption for GDPR.
- working with the helpdesk ticketing system.
- use of network connectivity tools, ping, trace route.
- Replacing SSDs, replacing/ adding RAM, configuring BIOS.
- Installing software, via various means, manually, GPO, SCCM.
- Ensuring that older equipment is collected by certified
- Ensuring that relevant personnel have access to relevant data with security permissions/ groups.
- Encrypting data.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Fri 8:30AM-5PM
Salary : £155.63 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/11/2020
Possible Start Date : 23/11/2020
Skills Required : Computer knowledge and an interest in computing/ networks would be advantageous.
Own transport preferable.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
The map below shows the employer's location