Job Title : IT Apprentice - Hardware Solutions Technician
Employer : Penrice Academy
Location : St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 3NR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : International Trade and Logistics - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05408
Brief Description : Are you amazing with computers? Build new systems from scratch for fun? Remit are looking on behalf of Penrice Academy for an IT Apprentice focusing on hardware solutions.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail : This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and motivated individual. Penrice Academy are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and reliable apprentice to work as part of an established, skilled team to learn and develop the practical elements of the role, alongside completing their qualification with Remit Group.
Remit’s IT Solutions Technician (Hardware) apprenticeship provides an apprentice with the knowledge, understanding and comprehension of how the digital landscape influences choices that are made in a business. It celebrates knowledge through technical qualification and embeds the hardware knowledge required to undertake activities around the infrastructure aspects of solutions such as servers and networks (fixed or mobile).
Key Accountabilities of this apprenticeship include:
• Strong understanding of hardware that supports systems
• Solutions driven approach to problem solving
• Understanding of networking principles
• Understanding of cloud technologies
• Good understanding of legislation and data security
This apprenticeship spans over 18 months with a celebration of achievement throughout.
Apprentices are supported by dedicated Digital Skills Trainer sessions and through Remit’s Fuse Online Learning platform. In partnership with CompTIA, this apprenticeship includes the IT Fundamentals ITF+ certification, covering all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT to support the professionals of the future.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To answer requests for support in a prompt, professional and courteous manner, however they are received.
• To manage calls according to the agreed process, escalating as appropriate.
• Resolve customer's requests for support in a timely fashion, whilst preventing reoccurrence.
• To assist the team with the administration of the network and the services it provides, so that an agreed level of performance is maintained.
• To assist fellow engineers within the team who will provide guidance and technical training where required.
• To maintain support levels to meet the customer's individual needs.
• To balance day to day workload with project involvement.
• Adhere to all Trust safeguarding policies and raise any concerns relating to such procedures. A strong commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people throughout the course of undertaking all duties.
• To work effectively with other members of staff to meet the needs of the Academy and its staff and students.
• To work with professionalism at all times, in behaviour, maintaining confidentiality regarding all Academy records and other information of a sensitive or confidential nature, appropriate dress, punctuality and reliability.
• To contribute to the overall ethos of the academy.
• To attend staff meetings and school-based INSET as required.
• To be responsible for your own continuing self-development and to be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislations and procedures including all relevant Academy and Trust policies.
• To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as reasonably required.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Salary : £238.65 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 06/11/2020
Possible Start Date : 09/11/2020
Personal Qualities : Displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people, awareness of current national legislation for safeguarding
Excellent communication skills, ability to converse on the phone and in front of people
Good organisational skills
Ability to demonstrate and practice common sense
Shows initiative and forward thinking
Previous experience of using a range of IT systems
Keen interest in IT and how IT systems work
Self-motivated, eager to learn, continually develop and take on more responsibility
Problem solving approach to technical issues
Professional approach, hard working and reliable
Able to work flexibly and constructively as part of a team
Skills Required : The following would be desirable, but not essential:
Prior relevant IT qualifications or certification from a recognised body.
Previous experience of working in an IT based role
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3.
Training to be Provided : "Content planning;
Content creation and evaluation; Industry awareness"
The map below shows the employer's location