Job Title : IT Solutions Technician Apprentice
Employer : EACS Ltd
Location : Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6FY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : International Trade and Logistics - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05422
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf of our client; EACS, an expert in the delivery of IT Services. Due to their teams continuous expansion; they are looking to find a technically adept individual to join them as a Service Desk Analyst Apprentice!
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail : Consider yourself to have a niche understanding of Technical issues? Actively looking to find a place within the integral IT Industry?
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a company whose main core values and priorities continues to be their aim to provide the best support possible to their customers. As a trusted provider of IT Solutions and managed services to a wide range of UK organisations, this is the perfect chance to gain that crucial on the job working experience!
Roles and Main Responsibilities:
• To provide internal technical support for EACS systems including server, desktop and networking infrastructure.
• To complete PC Builds, Installation of Operating Systems and peripherals for internal and external customers
• To liaise with and build strong working relationships with stakeholders
• To be an ambassador for EACS to maintain and enhance the reputation of EACS.
• To record all calls to ensure accurate information about the client’s systems is maintained and available to other support personnel and account managers.
• Escalate issues in line with guidance.
• To work with other support staff to build knowledge and skills pertinent to the sites supported.
• To comply with all necessary working practices relating to the customer site.
• To build strong relationships with customer account managers.
• To take a proactive approach to customer IT systems to ensure problems are avoided and the longer-term development of the customer IT systems are considered.
• To be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
• To be able to manage demanding users on customer sites who have high expectations.
• To be able to communicate technical issues and concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Work together with your Line Manager to develop and enhance your knowledge and skill sets.
• There may be a requirement to provide cover to other customer sites when absence by other engineers dictates.
• Any other relevant tasks commensurate with your position, as directed by your Line Manager or appropriate Company Director.
The successful candidate will have the chance to receive constant support and guidance whilst working to achieve an Industry accredited Level 3 qualification in the IT Solutions Technician (Hardware)
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday - 8:00am - 5:30pm
Salary : £166.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/10/2020
Possible Start Date : 26/10/2020
Personal Qualities : • Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
• Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
• Ability to follow processes
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
• Ability to take ownership of and progress issues
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
• Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
Skills Required : • Experience of MSP Environments
• Monitoring Tools (NOC)
• Knowledge of Virtualisation Environments
• Knowledge of Storage Platforms
• Networking skills
• Firewall skills
• ITIL Experience
• Good communication skills.
• Microsoft Server and Desktop OS
• Installation of Windows OS
• Microsoft Exchange & O365
• Proven Customer service skills.
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
Future Prospects : After full completion of the Level 3 there will be a full time position available to the candidate if they demonstrate the right attributes and skills.
Training to be Provided : "IT Hardware Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of the infrastructure aspects of solutions such as servers and networks (fixed or mobile);
Typical job titles include IT Solutions Technician, Technical Analyst, Junior Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, Systems Analyst, IT Technical Support, IT Systems Support Technician, Junior DevOps Professional, IT Service Desk or Technical Service Support (at 2nd, 3rd or 4th line support)
IT Software Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of applications and supporting components such as databases.
Typical job titles include IT Solutions Technician, Service Analyst, Junior Systems Analyst, Systems Developer, Database Technician, IT Support Analyst, IT Support Technician, IT Systems Support, Junior DevOps Professional, IT Service Desk or Applications Support Technician (at 2nd, 3rd or 4th line support) "
The map below shows the employer's location