Job Title : IT Digital Support Technician
Employer : Highcliffe School
Location : Dorset, Hampshire, BH23 4QD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Digital Support Technician - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05376
Brief Description : Are you someone with a passion for IT who wants to enjoy what they do for a living? Remit are recruiting on behalf of Highcliffe School for a Digital Support Technician Apprentice.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail : Job Description
Under line management of the School’s IT manager the role holder will be responsible for developing the school’s SharePoint Virtual Learning Environment solution, protocols, and training. Additionally, will be responsible for helping the Music department develop their digital content and ongoing maintenance.
1. To support teaching staff in the delivery of lessons through the utilization of a variety of digital platforms and software applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and Adobe Creative Cloud.
2. Support the School’s IT Manager in pioneering the use of Microsoft SharePoint as a replacement for the school’s existing Virtual Learning Environment.
3. Assist the school’s subject departments in the creation of consistent and well-structured independent learning pages.
4. Provide training and support to each department’s ‘SharePoint Champion.’
5. Provide frontline support to students and staff for software related issues.
6. Assist the Communications Team in producing graphics, videos and other digital content for the school’s website, digital signage, and presence on social media.
7. Assist the Music department in recording and producing ensembles, virtual concerts and other content for their SharePoint learning pages.
8. To support the Communications Team with the updating and creation of web pages and news articles using the school’s bespoke Content Management System.
9. Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the school’s safeguarding and child protection policy.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Salary : £307.92 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/10/2020
Possible Start Date : 26/10/2020
Personal Qualities : Organised, IT Literate especially in Microsoft Office applications, good written and presentational skills, work well in a Team and independently on projects.
Skills Required : ICT experience, including problem solving across a range of technical issues.
Software/hardware knowledge. Experience of application and use of a wide range of software (including Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office).
Minimum educational attainment 5 GCSE A-C grades or equivalent/applicable technical or vocational qualification.
Future Prospects : The successful apprentice will have the opportunity for a permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : A Digital Applications Technician helps their organisation and its internal users to maximise the use of digital technologies and adapt to and exploit changes in technology to meet organisation objectives and maximise productivity ensure effective use of digital office technologies, productivity software, digital communications, including collaborative technologies, and digital information systems to achieve objectives
A Digital Service Technician supports the external customers and clients of their organisation though a wide variety of digital channels, to help them access and receive services, to coach and support them in their use of the digital systems; to support them to complete and submit information remotely and to diagnose and resolve their problems in relation to their access to and use of the digital technologies"
The map below shows the employer's location