Job Title : IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Employer : Cambridge Helpdesk
Location : Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, PE16 6TT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05299
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf of our client
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths (Equivalent of a Level 2)
Vacancy Detail : This is a brilliant long term opportunity for a technically minded individual to join a company who have big plans for the future!
The purpose of this role will be to assist and provide support to the company on all areas of IT Support, including maintenance, networking, IT Security and more!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide remote technical support to customers across a range of products and services –
with opportunities for on-site work if required.
- To work as a team and independently to use IT skills including but not limited to
troubleshooting & problem solving; working within a Windows environment and Mac
environment; TCP/IP networking; mobile device management; telecoms; server and
- Monitor the helpdesk tickets and calls; raising and updating support tickets and ensuring
deadlines & SLA’s are met.
- Work on assigned project tasks for customers, such as email & data migrations or office
- Managing customer assets from delivery to installation (some lifting might be required).
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods to assist the management team
with their reports.
- Set up, rebuild and support various hardware including PC’s, Laptops, Macs, Servers,
Phones and Printers.
- Undertake any additional duties as required by the management team in line with the level
of the job.
- Adhere to stated Company policies and procedures relating to health & safety and quality
management; proper user and care of equipment belonging to the customer or Company;
GDPR for the customer or Company.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Salary : £250.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/09/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/10/2020
Personal Qualities : A good listener, able to understand problems and diagnose faults
Confident telephone manner as support calls will become a big part of the role
Ability to balance workload between support requests, day to day tasks and course learning
Good written communication skills
Skills Required : A knowledge of
Microsoft operating systems like Windows
Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel, Word)
Mac OS and iOS / Android
Future Prospects : After successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is a possibility for long term employment
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Other Information : Must be motivated towards completing the apprenticeship
Things to consider : How would you travel to the location?
The map below shows the employer's location