Job Title : Heavy Vehicle (Bus) Maintenance and Repair Engineering Apprenticeship
Employer : Arriva (Harlow)
Location : Harlow, Essex, CM20 1DU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05143
Brief Description : Arriva are one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe. Remit are recruiting on their behalf as they are looking for a new enthusiastic Heavy Vehicle Bus Engineer Apprentice to join their workshop team.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade 3 or equivalent in English Language and Maths are required.
Vacancy Detail : Arriva are one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe and are currently seeking an enthusiastic Heavy Vehicle (Bus) Maintenance and Repair Apprentice.
You will receive first class training in all the latest servicing and repair techniques to help train you to repair Arriva’s fleet of buses to their company’s Engineering Quality Standard’s.
The daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Working alongside a highly skilled qualified technician.
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identifying their underlying causes
• Understanding the fundamentals of existing and emerging mechanical and electrical design and systems.
• Carrying out routine safety inspections and routine mechanical and electrical servicing.
• Inspecting and preparing Arriva’s fleet of buses ready for mechanical work
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
• Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the Arriva’s Health and Safety processes and following standardised workshop practices.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 39 hours per week (Shifts TBC)
Salary : £214.89 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 02/11/2020
Possible Start Date : 02/11/2020
Personal Qualities : We want to identify individuals that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learnm who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive/engineering interest and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal qualities to demonstrate:
• Good attention to detail
• Punctuality and reliability
• A passion and interest for the automotive and engineering industry.
Skills Required : • To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• Excelled communication skills
• The ability to use your initiative
Future Prospects : Arriva want to continuously invest in their colleagues and on successful completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme, Arriva would intend on offering you a full-time position.
Your career development does not stop there. Arriva want to continue your development and can offer opportunities for further qualifications or career progression.
Training to be Provided : As part of your Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Apprenticeship, you will undertake a 3-year programme working towards an IMI Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance.
As part of the Apprenticeship programme, you will be fully supported by our dedicated training provider, Remit Group. You will be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you periodically throughout the Apprenticeship at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, training on your Online Portfolio and learning platforms.
Your Development Coach will continuously aim to set you SMART targets throughout your Apprenticeship to aid your development.
Training is also delivered on block release at Remit’s specialist Heavy Vehicle Academy in Derby. This means that you will be required to stay at Remit’s Academy for 15 separate weeks (Monday – Friday) over the duration of the 3-year programme. All associated costs including travel, accommodation and meals are met by Arriva and there will be no cost to yourself.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• IMI Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required)
Other Information : The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
The map below shows the employer's location