Job Title : Vehicle paint technician apprenticeship
Employer : Mechelec Fareham Ltd
Location : Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 8SX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05211
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting for Mechelec LTD Limited who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join a skilled team as a Vehicle Paint technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, however you will need to complete initial assessments in English, Maths and ICT.•There are no entry requirements to apply, however you will need to complete initial assessments in English, Maths and ICT showing you working to functional skills level 1 or higher
Vacancy Detail : ....Once the body repair technicians have worked their magic repairing the vehicle, it will then be your job to restore the vehicles paint work back to its former glory.
• Preparation – stripping, sanding and masking
• Etching and priming areas to be treated
• Colour matching and mixing
• Paint application techniques including spray booth technology
• Buffing and polishing methods
• Paint defect corrections.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : mon to fri
Salary : £166.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/11/2020
Possible Start Date : 30/11/2020
Personal Qualities : You will need to have a high level of attention to detail and working to a high standard as the first thing the customer will see when they pick their car up is the colour match and the quality of the paint finish.
Skills Required : There is a large gap in the motor trade, where people a crying out for highly skilled Paint Technicians. Do you have the passion and commitment to rise to the challenge?
Future Prospects : To be a fully qualified Vehicle paint Technician.
Training to be Provided : This course usually takes 3 years to gain an NVQ/VCQ Level 3.
• To do this you'll go to a further education (FE) college, block release.
• The rest of the time will be spent in a place of employment where you will get to learn practical skills from seeing the real working environment
• You will shadow qualified technicians so that you are able to learn first-hand how to repair faults and damage.
• You will also get the opportunity to assist in the repair work.
• Once you pass your assessments and progress through your course you will be able to start completing tasks on your own.
• To ensure you are competent in completing tasks on your own a Remit assessor will visit you periodically at the work place to complete assessment testing with you.
Training is delivered to suit the needs of every apprentice and their employer, where possible, and includes:
• On-the-job supported study
• Distance learning and self-study
• Classroom sessions
• Off-the-job training
• Block training
Other Information : An apprenticeship is a great way to bridge the gap between the student and working world.
This apprenticeship lasts for 37 months, but the skills you will learn will last a lifetime.
The map below shows the employer's location