Job Title : Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Employer : Discovery School Trust
Location : Leicester, Leicestershire, LE4 1EZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05166
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on the behalf of our client the Discovery School Trust; who are looking for an Infrastructure Apprentice to join them in Leicester!
Qualifications Required : At least 5 GCSE's grade C / 4 and above including English and Maths
Vacancy Detail : Are you looking for chances to progress within the IT and Technical field? Enjoy helping out with technical issues?
Then our client, a Multi Academy Trust, are looking for an Apprentice to join them and the team to help with IT support for their client base. Along with the chances to work alongside a Business you'll be working towards accredited Qualifications in the Infrastructure Technician Level 3
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain varying hardware
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment.
- Routine administration including, data backups, Active Directory maintenance.
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the school development policy.
- Administration and development of Office 365, including Microsoft Teams and any school or trust website.
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels.
- To support staff and students with the use of ICT including preparation of booklets and online support, and assisting with inset training where appropriate.
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment.
- Report any detected data breach to the schools local DPO or the main trust DPO
- To be aware of the health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed therein.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 9:00 to 5:00pm
Salary : £153.55 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 30/10/2020
Possible Start Date : 02/11/2020
Personal Qualities : - Enthusiastic about wanting to learn
- Good people skills
- The ability to work under pressure
Skills Required : - Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- A good problem solver
- An interest in innovative IT products
- An understanding of windows 10 and hardware
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
The map below shows the employer's location