Job Title : Kitchen Apprentice
Employer : The White Hart
Location : Derby, Derbyshire, de7 6ex
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05118
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of The White Hart in Stanley, Derbyshire for someone keen to start a long career in hospitality with the opportunity to undertake a Hospitality Team Member Level 2 apprenticeship on the Food Production pathway.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grades A - D (3 - 9) preferred
Vacancy Detail : This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make their first steps into a career within the hospitality industry with support from the team.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• To maintain and manage the required high operational and personal standard of hygiene and presentation at all times in compliance with the Food Safety Act.
• Compliance to the Health and Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
• The preparation, cooking and service of food as directed by the chef in charge, whilst complying to the food safety act, portion control and presentation standards.
• Ensure the correct disposal and storage of all food items as directed by the chef in charge.
• Monitor and record temperatures of fridges and freezers, hot cabinets, serveries as directed by the chef in charge.
• Ensure that assured safe catering principals are followed at all times encompassing legal requirements of the Food Safety Act.
• To ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy adopting a “clean as you go” policy.
• To ensure that all foods served under your control are served and held at the required temperatures (probed and recorded).
• Ensure that decanting methods and fridge discipline are strictly adhered to.
• Ensure accurate records are maintained as directed by the chef in charge.
• Ensure that the handing over procedures and opening up /closing down procedures are complied to, with emphasis on safety and security.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 32 hrs pw; Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 2pm – 9pm 12-4 Sunday
Salary : £160.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 21/08/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2020
Personal Qualities : Passionate about hospitality and cooking; keen to succeed and learn everything they can
Great timekeeping and willingness to work hard
Skills Required : Some previous experience in kitchens would be beneficial but not essential
Future Prospects : The White Hart are looking for someone dedicated to making a career within the sector and with further opportunities to develop in their role to include management over the long term.
Training to be Provided : Depending on your role within the department, you may specialise in a particular area, but the skills you learn on this apprenticeship will allow you to work across all different areas which you may be required to support during busy periods. You will develop your knowledge of the industry and gain the skills that will ensure your customers feel well looked after and have a great experience. You will have excellent communication skills and will learn techniques on how to deal with a variety of people in a professional, polite and friendly manner. Following completion of this apprenticeship there may be opportunities for career progression and further study at a higher level. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Functional Skills in English & maths Level 1 and upskill to Level 2
Other Information : This role will involve working evenings and weekends on a rota basis with one weekend off a month. Please ensure that you are happy to make this commitment prior to making your application.
Things to consider : Please check transport to / from the workplace (DE7 6EX) to ensure that you can get home after an evening shift and on a Sunday!
The map below shows the employer's location