Job Title : Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprentice
Employer : Pykett Bros
Location : Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 3RL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05078
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Pykett Bros who are currently on the search for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join their Transport Workshop Team as a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship.
Qualifications Required : Due to the location of the position, it is essential that you have a full UK driving licence or you live within an easy commutable distance to the location of the depot.
Ideally, a minimum of GCSE Grade 3 or equivalent in English Language or Maths.
Vacancy Detail : .Your key roles and responsibilities as a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice at Pykett Bros will be the following:
• Service, Maintain and Repair a range of Class 4, 5 and 7 vehicles.
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to industry procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by Southern Cranes and Access.
• To represent Southern Cranes and Access in a professional manner when dealing with internal and external customers.
As an Heavy Vehicle Apprentice, you will gain an understanding and knowledge of the following:
• The fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies including; Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, electrical (12/24v), air-conditioning, hydraulic and air braking, air suspension systems etc.
• How to service, inspect and maintain vehicles and trailers to the expected standards and the importance of safety inspection and maintenance schedules to meet Operator’s (O) licence and legal obligations.
• The types and associated characteristics of Heavy Vehicles and their configurations and applications.
• Diagnosing principles and logical problem solving techniques related to Heavy Vehicles
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri 08:00 - 15:00
Salary : £135.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/08/2020
Possible Start Date : 31/08/2020
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
Skills Required : .• To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skill
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Future Prospects : Pykett Bros would aim to offer full-time employment to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme.
Training to be Provided : This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location