Job Title : Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Employer : Mildenhall College Academy
Location : Bury St Edmunds, West Midlands, IP28 7HT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-05081
Brief Description : Got tech skills? Good at helping other people with their IT woes? Well Remit are recruiting on behalf of Mildenhall College for an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice.
Qualifications Required : At least 5 GCSE's at grade C or above, including Maths and English.
Vacancy Detail : This is an exciting opportunity for a fun loving and motivated individual to join a team that have a passion for things Technical and who enjoy helping others!
If you have previous knowledge or experience in IT then this role could be the one for you!
If successful, you'll be working directly with Mildenhall's ICT Network Manager, learning the ropes and helping with the following:
Main role / Responsibilities:
• Working independently and as part of a team, using a range of tools and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients during all tasks.
• IT Security: Demonstrates the necessary skills, understanding and behaviours to securely operate across all platforms and areas of responsibilities in line with organisational guidance, legislation.
• Remote Infrastructure: Effectively operates a range of mobile devices and securely add them to a network in accordance with organisations policies and procedures
• Data: effectively records, analyses and communicates data at the appropriate level using standard tools and processes and to all stakeholders.
• Problem solving: applying structured techniques to common and non-routine problems, testing methodologies and troubleshooting and analyses problems by selecting the digital appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance and to obtain the relevant logistical support as required.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Fri 8:30AM-5PM
Salary : £155.63 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 21/08/2020
Possible Start Date : 24/08/2020
Personal Qualities : Enthusiastic about IT and technology
Reliable and committed to the company and team.
Hard working & Dedicated to getting the job done
Able to work well in a team environment
Adaptable to different challenges
Skills Required : Computer knowledge and an interest in computing/ networks would be advantageous.
Able to deliver excellent customer Services in an honest, friendly and helpful manner
Manage and resolve daily computer related issues
Follow instructions but also be able to resolve issues using own initiative with the resources available
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Things to consider : Our client has made us aware that candidates who have their own transport and driving licence is preferable - due to the rural surrounding areas
The map below shows the employer's location