Job Title : Vehicle Parts Apprentice - Level 2
Employer : MAN Truck and Bus - Manchester
Location : Manchester, Greater Manchester, M17 1SA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Parts - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04955
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of MAN Truck & Bus to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join their skilled team as a Parts Advisor Apprentice. If you are interested, apply now!
Qualifications Required : No previous automotive qualifications are required, but you must have GCSE 9-3 (A* - D) in English and Maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
Vacancy Detail : As an apprentice you will received hands on practical training & instruction, whilst assisting parts department staff in the day-to-day running of the parts department.
The Parts Apprenticeship responsibilities will include:
• Report to the branches Part’s Manager and assist in the day to day running of the department to ensure the support of other dependant departments in the Bodyshop
• Communicate and build proactive relationships with technician, issuing parts to technicians to support them in the completion of jobs
• Order appropriate parts in a timely manner from suppliers following notification.
• Communicating any delays to ordered parts promptly to the Parts Manager
• To keep abreast of the latest technical information which is circulated or displayed
• To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours
Salary : £167.76 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 22/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/06/2020
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their knowledge of Parts.
Skills Required : As an important contact for our customers you will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills. You should have basic IT skills and be able to demonstrate attention to detail in the way you work
Future Prospects : MAN believe in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Training to be Provided : This is a Parts Consultant Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 1 week (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
· VRQ & VCQ Parts Consultant Level 2
· Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required).
The map below shows the employer's location