Job Title : Vehicle Paint Apprentice Technician
Employer : BBS Fleet Logistics
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK44 1RU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04779
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of BBS Fleet Logistics who are on the search for an enthusiastic and committed individual to undertake and develop under a Vehicle Damage Paint Apprenticeship.
Qualifications Required : A minimum of a 3/D Grade or equivalent in GCSE English Language and Maths would be advantageous.
Vacancy Detail : Paint Refinishiner Technicians are the ones who put the final touches on collision repairs and have the ability to make cars look just as they did when they came out of the showroom.
You will be trained to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
• Preparing paint spraying equipment
• Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle.
• Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best colour match
• Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours and protective finishes.
• Solving paint application problems; defects, cause and cures
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 06/04/2020
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
Skills Required : • To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skills
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
• A basic level of experience in an automotive environment
Future Prospects : BBS Fleet Logistics are looking for individuals to undertake the Apprenticeship Programme with the potential to develop and build a full-time career with them after completion.
Training to be Provided : This is a Vehicle Damage Paint Apprenticeship, delivered by our dedicated partner, Remit Group.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 36-month duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location