Job Title : Heavy Vehicle Technician apprenticeship
Employer : Confidence Bus & Coach Ltd
Location : Wigston, Leicestershire, LE18 4ZL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04745
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting for Confidence Bus and Coach who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join a skilled team as a Heavy Vehicle technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Qualifications Required : No formal qualifications are needed, although a good standard of numeracy and literacy would be an advantageous.
Vacancy Detail : Day to Day duties will vary but include:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• MOT’s – identifying parts with wear and tear
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Vehicle Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
• Maintaining repair and service records
• To represent the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times when dealing with customers and the general public
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon to Fri
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 30/03/2020
Personal Qualities : You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work.
Skills Required : • A keen interest and passion for buses and coaches
• Logical approach to problem solving
• An awareness of how to work safely
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
Future Prospects : This is a great opportunity for you to start a career as a Heavy Vehicle Technician with a long standing bus & coach company.
Training to be Provided : This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Other Information : N.B. Remit is based in Nottingham but we operate Nationwide. Please expect a call from a Nottingham (0115) number.
The map below shows the employer's location