Job Title : Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Employer : 247 IT Services Ltd
Location : Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 7NA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04743
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of our client, a trusted provider by Businesses to manage systems infrastructure and software. They're looking for a, technically minded individual to join their ever-expanding team, based in a modern environment!
Qualifications Required : You'll need to have a minimum 5 GCSE's, grade A-C/8-4 or the Functional Skills Level 2 equivalent including English, maths and ICT.
Vacancy Detail : Actively seeking opportunities to work within the IT sector? Enjoy helping others with various IT issues?
Then this is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and analytically minded individual to join a business where; you can learn and develop on a variety of skills to correctly provide support within an incredibly diverse, friendly and welcoming IT environment; one that constantly encourages personal and professional progression.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Support the senior team by providing technical support; including answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email
- Learn how to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Become able to take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Assist by logging all calls on the call logging system; whilst ensuring the maintenance of full documentation
- Learn how to respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Support by allocating more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support member
- Help to arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 5:30pm
Salary : £168.75 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 13/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 09/03/2020
Personal Qualities : A methodical approach to problem solving
Self-motivated, pro-active when talking to customers
Courteous and friendly manner
Be a good overall people person
Show a passion for the IT Sector
Skills Required : Good communication skills and the ability to listen
Ability to pickup new skills and learn new technologies
Work independently or as part of a team
Genuine interest in IT, Support and Networking
Organised, diligent and thorough
Able and willing to acquire new skills and apply them
Future Prospects : After full completion of the Level 3 there will be a full time position available to the candidate if they demonstrate the right attributes and skills.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
The map below shows the employer's location