Job Title : Apprentice Vehicle Body Repair (Panel Beater) Technician
Employer : Spraytech Refinishing Ltd
Location : Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 7RW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Fitting - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04662
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Spray-Tech Refinishing who are recruiting to expand their existing team with a Apprentice Vehicle Body Repair (Panel) Technician.
Qualifications Required : A minimum of a 3/D Grade or equivalent in GCSE English Language and Maths would be advantageous.
Vacancy Detail : Spray-Tech Refinishing has been established for over ten years within Kent and surrounding areas, operating from five fully equipped mobile units, all of which are manned by Bodyshop trained and experienced operatives.
Body Repair Technicians (Panel beaters) repair and replace vehicle bodywork which has either been damaged in a collision or deliberately damaged.
As an apprentice you will learn how to repair, and sometimes replace, damaged bodywork using specialist techniques with traditional tools and the latest equipment.
You will gain the following skills and knowledge:
• How to assess and prepare vehicles for commercial repair, including body measurements and panel preparation
• Use of tools, equipment and devices e.g. alignment jibs, resistance welding equipment, riveting and bonding tools.
• Removal and replacement of body panels and associated components
• Refitting new/repaired panels
• Carrying out strip/refits and realigns parts to motor vehicles. This will include precise measuring, welding and using body straightening equipment on vehicles.
• Demonstrating modern repair techniques including MiG Brazing, Spot Welding, Body Riveting, Panel Bonding and Jig work.
• Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
• Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday (40 hours)
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/06/2020
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Skills Required : • Be able to pay attention to detail and be thorough
• Ambition and desire to succeed
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well with others
• A keen interest and enthusiasm for the automotive industry
Future Prospects : Spray Tech Refinishing are looking for individuals to undertake the Apprenticeship Programme with the potential to develop and build a full-time career with them after completion.
Training to be Provided : This is a Body Repair Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location