Job Title : Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Bus and Coach) Apprenticeship
Employer : Stephensons of Essex
Location : Haverhill, Cambridgeshire, CB9 8DR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04604
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Stephensons of Essex who are on the search for talented enthusiastic individuals to join their team as a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice!
Qualifications Required : • A full UK driving licence would be advantageous.
• Grade 3 or above in English Language and Maths
Vacancy Detail : As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair buses and coaches.
The role of a Heavy Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours)
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 07/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 07/02/2020
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal qualities to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem Solving
• Self-motivated learner
• A sustained level of commitment throughout the 3-year apprenticeship.
Skills Required : • To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skills
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Future Prospects : On successful completition of the Apprentice Programme, Stephensons of Essex ideally look to continue to develop and progress you within the business
Training to be Provided : This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location