Job Title : Apprentice Commercial and Light Vehicle Tyre Technician
Employer : Tyre Maintenance Lutterworth
Location : Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4JA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04515
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of Tyre Maintenance Ltd who have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Commercial and Light Vehicle Tyre Technician to join their experienced and dynamic team.
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, we will support you to develop your skills in English and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : Have you ever been travelling down a motorway and seen a broken down truck? Ever thought how much money the logistics & transport industries lose when their vehicles aren’t moving?
Tyre Maintenance are eager to pass on their specialist skills to dynamic and hardworking apprentices whom have a passion to become part of their global business Continental Tyres.
And you thought being a Commercial and Light Vehicle Tyre Technician was all about changing a tyre.
You’ll will do so much more than this! You’ll be the face of the business – playing an incredibly important role everyday working safely and efficiently to keep vehicles on the road and customers happy.
If you have a driving license and the commitment to learning, then working in this industry has never been so exciting with future career prospects that could lead to endless worldwide opportunities.
Aside from the reward of delivering an incredible experience to all customers, there’s plenty more they can offer:
• Regular salary reviews – As you progress with your apprenticeship, they may review your salary reviewed at stages of your development.
• Formal qualifications – Not only will you achieve your apprenticeship programme we will support you; to pass your REACT license and Light Commercial Vehicle Fitter certificate as well help you to improve your Maths and English qualifications
• Flexibility – Different shifts available so you can fit work around your existing commitments.
• A brilliant working environment – Based at the workshop you may be out and about trusted to look after customers and enjoy yourself at the same time.
• A skill for life – you’ll be taught all you need to know to be successful in the industry. They will pass on their expertise, so you know everything there is to know about tyres.
The role will encompass full training to best industry standards in all aspects of tyre management and include:
• Fitment & removal of light and heavy wheels / tyres
• Repair of all tyres
• Key aspects of tyre husbandry, including tyre regrooving
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : TBC
Salary : £249.60 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 06/04/2020
Personal Qualities : • Highly motivated and able to work on your own initiative
• Flexible approach
• Enthusiastic, Conscientious and Reliable
• Confident individual and a Strong team player
• Excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail
Skills Required : • Full UK driving license
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will receive a Level 2 Certificate along with functional skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required).
Training to be Provided : Specialist Tyre Operatives (STO) are highly skilled and required to work on tyres for a range of vehicle types including, heavy goods, commercial, plant and agricultural from specially equipped mobile units. Depending on the organisation and nature of business, this role can also be referred to as Commercial Tyre Technician or Fitter, or Agricultural and Plant Tyre Technician or Fitter. This apprenticeship will ensure that Specialist Tyre Operatives (STO) will be able to carry out both scheduled tyre maintenance and emergency response work in a wide variety of locations ranging from public highways, motorways and construction sites to docks, military facilities and airports. This programme has a high degree of focus on safety of both the technicians and others in the vicinity, by teaching the use of detailed risk assessments as each vehicle and location are unique in nature.
This Specialist Tyre Operative Apprenticeship is delivered by Remit Group. Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 6 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will hold regular training meetings with you giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance, you will also have access to our online training portal which has a wealth of training materials to help you with your qualification.
The map below shows the employer's location