Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Employer : Lyons Davidson/File Dynamics
Location : Bristol, Somerset, BS1 6AD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04509
Brief Description : Actively looking for your next placement within the IT industry? Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf of Lyons Davidson/File Dynamics who are looking for technically minded individuals to join their System Support team within their Bristol Office!
Qualifications Required : You will need to hold at least 5 GCSE's graded A* to C or 9 to 4; including English, Maths and ICT or the equivalent Functional Skills at Level 2
Vacancy Detail : This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outsourced services company providing everything from IT, HR, Accounts and more, supporting over 2000 end users across the country, predominantly in the legal, insurance and healthcare sectors. The Apprenticeship is a chance to join this business as an IT Apprentice and to develop a professional career within the IT Field; where the successful Apprentice will be working within their IT Systems Support Department based at their offices in Bristol.
If your eager to work towards and achieve a nationally recognized IT qualification within an environment that provides everything from training, support and practical work experience then this type of opportunity is a good alternative to going to University where you will have the chance to achieve up to a Level 3 qualification, with the potential for further qualifications in the future.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
• Overall, to provide clear and prompt support for all of Lyons Davidson/File Dynamics end users and customers
• Aim to communicate effectively and efficiently with end users or customers through all methods of communication such as over the phone, emails or face to face meetings
• Learn how to take responsibility and ownership for all issues that are reported, aim to record them appropriately and deal with in an efficient and timely manner
• Learn how to escalate issues to the relevant team and to communicate effectively to the end users or customers in accordance with the IT Support Departments SLA's
• Support with the maintenance and auditing of key applications in respect of end users and access levels
• Learn how to create and maintain IT Documentation for internal use and end users
• Support the Senior Team by helping to perform and deal with general administrative duties
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Salary : £153.85 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 03/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 07/02/2020
Personal Qualities : You will need to be a keen learner
Able to balance the challenges at work versus the demands of studying.
Be able to work under pressure alongside the ability to prioritize and be organised.
Skills Required : Previous experience is not necessary, but you will be enthusiastic and motivated to learn and to develop a career within IT.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
You will be a good team player, have excellent client care skills and be computer literate.
Future Prospects : Successful completion of the apprenticeship will achieve the Level 3 in Advanced IT Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals; as well as the chance to receive Functional Skills Level 2 in either English, Maths or ICT. You will receive support which will be through a combination of face-to-face meetings and online support.
The Business are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : The apprenticeship includes a balance of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure you have an appropriate set of skills to operate in today’s IT and Telecoms job roles. The technical content includes a choice of units for Software Development, Web Development, Technical Support, Telecommunications and Databases. IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professional Level 3 includes: Level 3 IT Professional Competence Diploma, Level 3 ICT Systems and Principles Diploma, Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT L2
Things to consider : How will you commute to and from the workplace?
The map below shows the employer's location