Job Title : Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Apprentice Technician
Employer : Brian Robson Coachworks Ltd
Location : St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 5UG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Body and Paint - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04414
Brief Description : This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career within the automotive industry to become a Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, we will support you to develop your skills in English, Maths and ICT.
Vacancy Detail : As an apprentice, you will gain expert working knowledge in relation to the removal and replacement of engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems. This includes:
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Remove and refit non-structural body panels and mechanical and electrical systems
• Remove and refit any part relating to the vehicle, to the correct alignment.
• Remove, repair and replace: engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems
• Diagnose and fix faults within a vehicle management system (on board computer) & associated electrical system
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri 07:00 - 17:00
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/06/2020
Personal Qualities : You will need to work to a high standard with an attention to detail to ensure that the customer's car has been restored to its previous pristine condition.
Skills Required : No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role, just bring your enthusiasm and dedication.
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will receive a NVQ Level 2 Certificate along with functional skills in Maths, English and ICT. You could then have the opportunity to progress towards your Level 3 qualification.
Training to be Provided : This is a Mechanical Electrical and Trim Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 4 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• VRQ & VCQ in Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) Level 2
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Other Information : Technicians normally work 40 hours a week, typically from Monday to Friday. During busy periods it may be required to also work Saturdays with a day off in the week.
Things to consider : This apprenticeship would last for 18 months and will require dedication for the duration of the position.
The map below shows the employer's location