Job Title : Apprentice Administrator - Auction Centre
Employer : BCA Remarketing (Manchester)
Location : Manchester, Greater Manchester, M12 4RX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Business and Administration - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04397
Brief Description : Remit are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of British Car Auctions, for someone to take on a Business Admin Level 2 apprenticeship.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grades A - C in English and Maths preferred
Vacancy Detail : This is an exciting opportunity to join British Car Auctions, a fast paced company that really values your skills and hard work - a chance to work for the BCA Administration Team, a positive and focused team working for Europe’s largest vehicle remarketing company.
The auction centres are open for business on Bank Holidays so you may be required to work these on a Rota basis. You will also be required to work, on a rota basis, some Saturday mornings 9am until 12pm and also some Wednesday evenings.
Main purpose of job:
To assist with Administrative Office Duties which will include all aspects of sale activities including Inputting of Data, Rostrum Duties , Serving at the Counters etc.
• Ensure payments are collected from customers at the counter and that customers are issued with the relevant paperwork in accordance with procedures
• Provide an excellent face-to-face front of house and telephone service to customers.
• Cover the Rostrum duties including taking of Deposits by Cash and Card Payments, recording of data and providing bids for internet buyers.
• Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved in a timely fashion, to all parties’ satisfaction as far as is reasonably practicable. Escalate any complex issues to the relevant manager.
• Input of Data accurately in both Pre Sale and Sale Activities.
• Undertake cross functional tasks within the business administration department as necessary to meet operational requirements.
• Adhere to all Company Health & Safety standards at all times, especially in the auction hall, to minimise the risk of accidents.
• Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 40 hrs per week; 08.30 - 17.30 Mon - Fri plus some Saturday mornings
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 22/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 26/11/2019
Personal Qualities : Confident & Professional, A willingness to learn and undertake a range of duties
Skills Required : Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy,
Experience of working under pressure
Payment/cash handling experience
Future Prospects : There may be further opportunities available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Training to be Provided : The role of an Administrator is an important one, as they ensure the proper flow of office procedures and support various departments while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
As an apprentice, you will receive mentoring in the workplace and training from Remit Group to help develop your skills and achieve your Level 2
On successful completion, you will receive:
Level 1 / Level 2 Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship Framework.
Other Information : Working for BCA you will receive;
Benefits include a minimum of 23 days holiday
Company pension scheme
Internal promotion as much as possible
Free parking onsite
Subsidised onsite restaurant
Reward scheme that offers online and high street discounts
Things to consider : The auction centres are open for business on Bank Holidays so you may be required to work these on a Rota basis. You will also be required to work, on a rota basis, some Saturday mornings 9am until 12pm and also some Wednesday evenings.
The map below shows the employer's location