Job Title : IT Technical Support Apprentice
Employer : Syntec Systems
Location : Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 9QA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04337
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on behalf Syntec Systems. This is an excellent opportunity to join their passionate and friendly team who work extremely well together to deliver a high quality service to their client base.
Qualifications Required : At least 5 GCSE'S grade A-C or 9-4 including English, Maths and ICT or the equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : Syntec Systems are looking for an additional support technician apprentice to support their team in Corby, to provide IT support and IT services to small businesses in London and the Midlands. The successful apprentice will be required to deliver remote support to the Syntec Systems nationwide client base and on site support for their midlands base clients.
Day to day responsibilities will include
Working alongside the rest of their technical team to maintain client systems as their outsourced IT department.
Learn and develop about Configuration and implementation of new IT systems for clients, this ranges from desktop PCs and servers through to advanced networks, firewalls and telephone systems.
Learning how to provide technical support to their clients.
Assist with incoming client queries via, the phone, email or in person.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 6:00PM
Salary : £211.53 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 14/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 17/11/2019
Personal Qualities : • A full UK driving license
• There will be a requirement for out of hours work, so a flexible candidate is essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good clear telephone manner
• Excellent customer focus and strong desire to provide exceptional customer service
• A good team player with a flexible approach, possessing a strong commitment to customer service excellence
• A background in relevant customer care / service environment, including handling e-mail and telephone queries, preferably in an IT/software helpdesk environment
• A good working knowledge of how to operate MS office products and email generally
• To deal effectively with all customer support calls and emails, investigating, logging and responding to queries and ensuring progression to the support consultant
• To ensure that a good level of understanding and knowledge of organisations products and services, which is improved and maintained at all times
Skills Required : Whilst having the following experience/skills is not essential, this provides a basis of the technologies that you will have exposure to:
• Desktop Operating Systems: 7, 8 and 10
• Server Operating Systems: Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
• Active Directory / Domain Environment
• Virtualised Environments (VMWare ESX, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft HyperV, etc)
• Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
Networking (Layer 2, Layer 3, VLAN, ARP, DNS)
• Firewall Management (Cisco ASA, Draytek, SonicWall, WatchGuard, CheckPoint, etc)
• Switch Management (Cisco, Netgear, HP, Juniper)
• Client to Site VPNs (Cisco VPN Client, Cisco AnyConnect, Windows PPTP, etc)
• Site to Site VPNs
Future Prospects : By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your apprenticeship upon completion of the level; 3 the company may offer you a permanent or extended position with them.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
The map below shows the employer's location