Job Title : Vehicle Paint Apprentice Technician Level 3
Employer : Elite Motor Bodyshop Ltd
Location : Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN5 5JP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04245
Brief Description : Are you looking to start your career within the Accident Repair Industry? Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of Elite Motor Bodyshop who are looking for a brand new Apprentice Paint Refinisher to join their team!
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, we will support you to develop your skills in English, Maths and ICT.
Vacancy Detail : You will be trained to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
• Preparing paint spraying equipment
• Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle.
• Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best colour match
• Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours and protective finishes.
• Solving paint application problems; defects, cause and cures
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday- Friday 8:30-5:30 (hours may vary depending on business needs)
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 13/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/12/2019
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
Skills Required : • To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skills
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
• A basic level of experience in an automotive environment
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will receive a NVQ Level 3 Certificate along with functional skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required). You could have the opportunity to progress towards your level 3 qualification.
Training to be Provided : This is a Vehicle Paint Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Other Information : Technicians normally work 40 hours a week, typically from Monday to Friday. During busy periods it may be required to also work Saturdays with a day off in the week.
Things to consider : This apprenticeship would last for 3 years and will require dedication for the duration of the position.
The map below shows the employer's location