Job Title : Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship
Employer : Galloway European
Location : Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14 5RR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04291
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting of Galloway European as they are in the search for their new Heavy Vehicle (Bus and Coach) Apprentice Technician to join their team! This is a brilliant chance to join their award winning business!
Vacancy Detail : Based at Galloway European, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on their fleet of Buses and Coaches.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing.
• You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair Galloway Europeans fleet of Coaches and Buses.
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to Galloway European's procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
• To represent the Galloway European in a professional and courteous manner at all times when dealing with customers and the general public
• Liaise with parts department to attain parts
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri 06:00am - 10:00pm (Shifts will be discussed at interview stage)
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 04/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 08/11/2019
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
Skills Required : To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skills
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Training to be Provided : This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location