Job Title : Technical Support Apprentice
Employer : Partnership Education
Location : Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04261
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of our client Partnership Education; a specialist IT Managed Services Provider, working with schools, nurseries and colleges, providing IT support.
Qualifications Required : • GCSE Maths and English
Vacancy Detail : The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and technically-adept IT enthusiast who can bring some raw, existing skills/knowledge to the role, which can then be honed into expertise.
Partnership Education are focused around improving pupil outcomes, and predominately based on site in Schools in Bedfordshire and surrounding areas.
As Technical Support Apprentice your day to day duties will include:
• Provide 1st line support on client sites
• Respond to Helpdesk requests remotely
• Help desk calls –taking help desk calls; logging and tracking calls
• Hardware and software repairs in a workshop facility
• Installation of hardware and software
• Carry out network documentation and reporting
• Assisting with sourcing spare parts and replacement equipment
• Assisting Technical team with maintenance tasks and installs
• Carry out regular site visits to conduct maintenance tasks
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM
Salary : £146.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 08/11/2019
Personal Qualities : • Well organised and self-motivated
• Able to work independently in the field
• Reliable, enthusiastic and able to work effectively in a team
• Ability to prioritise workload and deliver solutions to meet customer SLA’s
• Strong customer facing skills, with an awareness of varying client technical skills
• Attention to detail and accurate record keeping
• Comfortable around young people in the Education environment
Skills Required : • Experience of Hardware Repair and Troubleshooting
• Experience of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
• Customer Service experience
• General office administration and good telephone manner
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Other Information : Full time technician role at end of Apprenticeship and further progression to Engineer role
Things to consider : Can be pressure when major issues occur and a certain amount of ‘thinking on your feet’ and being able to cope with stressed customers. Requires good time management and someone able to manage themselves and self-motivate when operating at different sites working with different people.
The map below shows the employer's location