Job Title : Apprentice Payroll Assistant
Employer : West Way Nissan Coventry
Location : West Midlands, West Midlands, CV1 3HF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04246
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting on behalf of West Way Nissan for a highly motivated & enthusiastic person to develop practical experience as a Payroll Assistant! You will need a minimum of one year's admin experience for this role.
Qualifications Required : GCSE minimum spec:
Maths – B
English – B
Relevant business/financial studies – C or above
Vacancy Detail : You will complete a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship, developing practical experience as a Payroll Assistant! Apprentices will receive on the job training and visits from Development Coaches every 4-6 weeks. It is also expected that 4-5 hours are spent studying in their own time. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
West Way Nissan are of of the UK's largest Nissan dealerships, with ongoing success they can offer the apprentice a great place to develop their career in assisting the Payroll Manager in controlling all aspects of payroll operation across the Group.
• Payroll processing and salary payments across the Group
• Processing of PAYE tax and national insurance
• Processing of HMRC annual returns and other statutory returns, P11Ds, P60s etc
• Processing pension and payments
• Processing other statutory and legal payments
• Prepare month end reports
• Assist with the administration and reconciliation of staff attendance and absence records
• Assist with the administration of the Company's pension and insurance schemes
• Administer all Maternity, Paternity, Parental and Adoption Leave applications.
• Manage and resolve all payroll related enquiries and issues
• Process all monthly payroll changes from new hires through to terminations
• Calculate all back pay as necessary, research and resolve any on-going pay queries, maintain accurate records and reconcile changes
• Process all fixed and variable deductions including pensions, AVCs, social club membership, loans and advances, stock options, college fees and healthcare.
• Collate and process all general salary increases, holiday bonus, individual salary awards, management bonuses and performance increases.
• Work with, and provide information for outsourced Pension Administrator and Trustees.
• Expenses payment processing
REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE:
GCSE Maths – B (6), English – B (6)
AS/A-Level with preference for the following subjects: relevant business/financial studies – C or above
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours p/w, Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm.
Salary : £307.69 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 03/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 11/11/2019
Personal Qualities : - Good sense of humour
Skills Required : - Highly Numerate
- Able to work under pressure
- Time management
- Able to meet tight deadlines
Future Prospects : A successful apprentice will have the potential to work their way into a full time, permanent role upon completion for the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : The role of an Administrator is an important one, as they ensure the proper flow of office procedures and support various departments while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude. It will take 18 months to gain the Full Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration. To do this you won’t need to go to a further education (FE) college or training centre. Your time will be spent in a place of employment where you will get to learn practical skills from seeing the real working environment. You will shadow colleagues so that you are able to learn first-hand how to go about your job.
As an apprentice, you will receive mentoring in the workplace and training from Remit Group to help develop your skills and achieve your Level 3 qualification.
On successful completion, you will receive:
Level 1 / Level 2 Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard.
Other Information : You will need a minimum of 1 years administration experience for this role, ideally in a similar role. A Business Admin level 2 qualification would be helpful but not essential.
Things to consider : Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet the requirements.
The map below shows the employer's location