Job Title : Light Vehicle Apprenticeship
Employer : ASW Repairs Ltd
Location : Buckinghamshire, Buckinghamshire, HP12 3HE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04236
Brief Description : Remit are recruiting for ASW Repairs who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join a skilled team as a Light Vehicle technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Qualifications Required : There are no entry requirements to apply, we will support you to develop your skills in English and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer’s vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Application Deadline Date : 16/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 18/03/2020
Personal Qualities : Must be punctual keen & enthusiastic.
Skills Required : No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role, just bring your enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
Future Prospects : ASW Repairs LTD are looking to train and develop someone into a qualified member of their team.
Training to be Provided : This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
• F Gas air conditioning qualification
Other Information : Things to Consider
An apprenticeship is a great way to bridge the gap between the student and working world.
This apprenticeship lasts for 3 years, but the skills you will learn will last a lifetime
The map below shows the employer's location