Job Title : Apprentice Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technician
Employer : Werrens Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK41 0EP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Vehicle Body and Paint - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Automotive
Vacancy Reference : VAC-03915
Brief Description : Are you looking to start your career within the Accident Repair Industry? Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of Werrens who are looking for a brand new Apprentice Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technician to join their team!
Qualifications Required : • A driving licence would be preferred, but not essential.
Vacancy Detail : As an apprentice, you will gain expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems. This includes:
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Remove and refit non-structural body panels and mechanical and electrical systems
• Remove and refit any part relating to the vehicle, to the correct alignment.
• Remove, repair and replace: engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems
• Diagnose and fix faults within a vehicle management system (on board computer) & associated electrical system
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday (40 hours if under 18)
Salary : £175.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 14/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 28/10/2019
Personal Qualities : We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
• A willingness to learn
• Mechanical interest
• Personal responsibility and resilience
• Problem solving
Skills Required : • To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to use your initiative
• Analytical thinking skills
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work well with others
• To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
• A basic level of experience in an automotive environment
Future Prospects : Werren's are looking for someone to train and develop into a qualified member of their team.
Training to be Provided : This is a Mechanical Electrical and Trim Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 4 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• VRQ & VCQ in Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) Level 2
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
The map below shows the employer's location