Job Title : 1st Line IT Service Desk Apprentice
Employer : 848 Group
Location : Stafford, Staffordshire, ST18 0FZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : IT
Vacancy Reference : VAC-04006
Brief Description : Remit Group are recruiting on the behalf of 848 Group, a growing force in the IT Professional Services Industry and their team are seeking 2 technically literate 1st Line Service Desk Apprentices' to learn and progress within the business!
Qualifications Required : To be considered, you must have at least 5 GCSEs graded A/C or 8/4 or above, including English and maths or the Functional Skills/Key Skills equivalents.
Vacancy Detail : It's a brilliant and long term opportunity to join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider who offer exceptional professional development opportunities, training, a modern and relaxed work environment and a friendly, people focused culture. With a reputation for delivering business changing IT to a wise variety of clients, in both direct customers and SI partnerships, 848 Group are increasingly disrupting the market.
They are seeking 2 Apprentices' to learn, progress and develop in providing effective high level remote technical support to all 848's customer base and to help manage the companies internal IT Systems; this will mostly include you the Apprentice working primarily around the MS Technology Stack. Their ideal candidate will need to have a keen interest in technology and have the passion and drive to develop themselves on the first steps to a career within IT. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a willingness to learn and have good communication skills. The role overall will be based at the companies Client Services Office in Stafford.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Learn how to provide 1st line interface with customers logging issues covering all support channels (email, telephone, portal and instant messaging)
• Assist in the incident life cycle from logging, investigation through to resolution
• Develop skills that enable you to 1st line support for the MS technology’s including, software such as Office 365, InTune, Windows 7,8 10 and Azure
• Provide assistance to managed services and projects team colleagues
• Learn how to monitor and progress incidents, changes and requests assigned to other team members
• Learn how to raise support requests with 3rd party providers
• Have the chance to learn how to create knowledge base articles covering resolutions of 848 and customer incidents
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Salary : £250.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • The ability to be confident dealing with problems
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication
• Able to manage the demands of numerous tasks
• Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
• Self-motivated with a desire to learn
• Diplomatic when faced with issues
Skills Required : • Have a knowledge and demonstrable awareness of up to date technologies including Office 365, Windows 10, Google Gsuite, Mac OS, Apple iOS and Android
• Familiarity with Cloud computing platforms (Azure / AWS / Google)
• Possess and understanding of Networking and IT Security principles
• Logical and methodical problem solving skills
• Ability to capture and convey technical issues
• Understanding of customer service skills showing empathy, confirming understanding, effective listening
• Creation of knowledge base articles around core internal and customer technologies
Future Prospects : As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & Maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3.
Training to be Provided : The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Other Information : Candidate's applying must also be
• Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role
• Have continuous development of technical skill sets through research and lab creation
• Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role
• May be required to travel on company business ad-hoc basis
The map below shows the employer's location